Other Candid sites

Candid Financial Advice
Financial advice for a fraction of the usual cost.

Compare Fund Platforms
The UK's only fund platform comparison site for private investors.

Calculator over 80 Calculators!

Covering almost all your money needs - use them.


Calculator Want to know how much VAT you'll pay when buying something? Or how much you need to add when selling? Find out here.

Random Jargon

Deferment Period Income Protection

Period of time that you must be unable to work for before you can claim on an income protection policy. The longer the period, the lower the premium is likely to be.

Ask Justin

Ask Justin

| Printable version | A A A |

SIPP for expatriates?

Retirement | SIPP Helpful? 2

Asked by gmdgarcia, submitted 20 January 2012.

Open Quote I lived in the UK for a couple years about 8 years ago. In my short time there I accumulated a company pension of about 30K GBP. It has not grown at all and I want to put it into a SIPP. Seems like a QROPS will be expensive for a small amount, so I wanted to put it into a SIPP. Are there any SIPP providers that will allow expats to open an account?End Quote

Answered by Justin on 05 September 2012

Yes. Because you're transferring an existing UK pension most SIPP providers should be happy to accept your business. Although you obviously won't be able to make further contributions unless you again become a UK tax resident.

Off the top of my head both Sippdeal and James Hay accept expatriates in your position, although I'm sure most others do too. You could take a look at our low cost SIPP comparison and try contacting the companies that take your fancy.

Please note this answer does not constitute a recommendation or financial advice and should not be relied upon when making specific investment or other financial decisions. You should always undertake your own research into whether a product or service is appropriate for your needs and, if necessary, use a qualified professional adviser.

If you found this answer helpful, please add your vote by clicking here.

Readers' Comments (0) - To post a comment please register or login .